Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Palliative Care?
Palliative Care is is an interdisciplinary model of care focused at preventing and treating debilitating effects of serious and chronic illnesses such as cancer, cardiac disease, respiratory disease, kidney disease, Alzheimer’s, AIDS, ALS, and MS. Palliative care can be provided at the time of diagnosis and involves pain relief and other symptoms. Read More
2. How do I receive Palliative Care?
Call us to schedule an initial visit or have your primary/specialty care provider refer you to us.
3. Do you officer Telemedicine or video visits?
Yes. We office telemedicine or video visits to all of our patients, depending on your insurance. Call us today to find out if your insurance covers a telemedicine vist at 518-944-6744.
4. Do I have to leave my current primary care office to receive Palliative Care?
No. You can keep your current Primary Care Provider and receive Palliative Care to improve your quality of care during treatment. If you do not have a Primary Care Provider, we also offer primary care services.
5. How does my primary care or specialty office refer me to Palliative Care?
Your doctor, NP or PA simply refers you to our practice to receive Palliative Care based on your diagnosis. Have your provider review the For Providers page to learn more.
6. What makes Saratoga Family Health NPs different?
Our medical model is to PROACTIVELY care for you and your family through a holistic and patient centered goals approach. As part of our palliative care service we will work TOGETHER with your primary care and other specialties to care for your whole being.
7. How do I make an appointment?
Call us at 518-944-6744.
8. Do you offer visits outside of your normal business hours?
Yes. We are able to accommodate some evening and weekend appointments or appointments outside of our normal business hours.
9. Do you offer home visits?
Yes. Based on your needs and current situation, our providers may be able to see you in your home. These appointments are on a case-by-case basis.
10. What insurances do you accept?
We accept all major insurances. See our current list of insurances we accept here.
11. Do I have a Co-Pay for Palliative Care?
Your co-pay or deductible is due at the time of treatment and is determined by your health insurance. We accept all major credit cards, checks and cash.